Oh! You didn’t know our versatile sea salts can be used on baked goods? Up the ante with delicious eggnog cookies, glazed and dusted with our gourmet “Old Fashioned” Citrus Smoked Bourbon Barrel Sea Salt! It’s like a winter wonderland dancing on your taste buds!
For the cookies:
3 cups all-purpose flour
¾ tsp baking soda
¾ tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
½ tsp cinnamon
1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
¾ cup dark brown sugar
¾ cup granulated sugar
½ cup eggnog
2 large egg yolks
2 tsp vanilla extract
For the eggnog glaze:
1 cup confectioners’ sugar
3 tbsp eggnog
¼ tsp nutmeg
¼ tsp cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla extract
Pinch of “Old Fashioned” Citrus Smoked Bourbon Barrel Sea Salt
- Preheat oven to 350° and line baking sheet pans with parchment paper.
- Whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg in a large mixing bowl then set aside.
- Cream the butter and sugar in the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment. Scrape the bowl down and beat on high until light and fluffy.
- Pour in the eggnog and vanilla then add the egg yolks in one at a time while mixing on medium then scrape the bowl down and mix once more.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients while mixing on low. Mix until just combined. Do not overmix.
- Scoop two-tablespoon sized pieces of dough and drop onto a parchment or silicone-lined baking sheet leaving about 3 inches of room between each. Bake in the center rack at 350° for 11-12 minutes or until the edges are set and the center appears dry. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack.
- While the cookies are baking mix the glaze up. Add a cup of powdered sugar to a medium bowl along with the cinnamon and nutmeg then drizzle in 3 tablespoons of eggnog and 1 tsp of vanilla. Whisk together adding a tablespoon at a time of eggnog as needed to achieve a drizzling consistency.
- Drizzle the icing onto the cooled cookies. Sprinkle with “Old Fashioned” before the glaze sets and enjoy.
No worries. After indulging during the holidays, gear up for “A New Me in ‘23!” food and wellness challenge at the beginning of the year! We’re excited to get serious alongside you and commit to better health. More info to come!