Espresso Chocolate Truffles
2 and 2/3 cups finely chopped semi-sweet chocolate
1 cup heavy cream 2 teaspoons espresso powder
1 tablespoon Rebel Roast" Ancho Coffee Rub
6 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into small cubes and at room temperature
¼ cup good quality cocoa powder "Old Fashioned" Citrus Smoked Bourbon Barrel Sea Salt to taste (optional)
1. Place chopped chocolate in a medium-sized heatproof bowl and set aside.
2. In a small saucepan over medium heat, bring the cream to a boil. Once it begins to boil, remove cream from heat and whisk in the espresso powder and coffee rub.
3. Pour the cream over the chopped chocolate and allow the mixture to sit, untouched, for two minutes, then whisk smooth. Stir in the butter and vigorously whisk until smooth and shiny.
4. Cool to room temperature, then tightly cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for about 1 hour, or until firm enough to scoop.
5. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and set them aside.
6. Scoop out about 3 teaspoons of the truffle filling and quickly roll it between your hands to form a ball. Transfer to the prepared baking sheet and repeat with all truffles. Refrigerate the rolled truffles for at least 20 minutes before dipping in the chocolate.
7. Add cocoa powder to a small bowl.
8. Remove truffles from the fridge and drop them into the cocoa powder, roll them around to coat all sides.
9. Sprinkle lightly with "Old Fashioned" Citrus Smoked Bourbon Barrel Sea Salt.
CLICK IMAGE BELOW TO ORDER YOUR SPICE!